We carry two lovely brands of local, hand-dyed yarn:
- Indigo Moon – Indigo Moon yarns are sourced from ethically raised Merino and Blue Faced Leicester sheep in the UK. The yarn is then hand-dyed on Gabriola Island by Trish Moon in her home studio. The beautiful, deep shades are inspired by her West Coast surroundings – beautiful ocean blues, deep forest greens, and amazing berry hues, along with many other choices are here for your special projects!
- Rain City Knits – Rain City yarn is also sourced ethically, from South American sheep raised in workers collectives. Krista directly contradicts our grey, dreary West Coast weather with bright, fun colours that include some really exciting neon shades! Super soft and squishy, Rain City yarns are a pleasure to create fun projects with.
For our commercial yarn, we are busy building and expanding into new and fun yarns! In the mean time here is what we have available:
Nako Yarns – 6 lovely soft, beautiful Turkish yarns now available in a variety of colours!
- Alpaca – 90% Acrylic, 10% Alpaca weight Worsted type
- Artist – 65% Acrylic, 35% Woolweight Chunky type Classic
- My Love – 100% Anti-Pill Acrylic weight Worsted type Baby
- Spaghetti – 75% Acrylic, 25% Wool weight Bulky type
- Spaghetti Effect – 5% Acrylic, 25% Wool weight Bulky type Classic
- Vals – 100% Premium Acrylic weight Double Knitting type
Lion Brand Yarn – Lion Brand has been family owned and operated since 1878, so needless to say they have a lot of experience in the business!
- Amazing – My new favourite yarn! A washable wool blend with a subtle long-stripe. Works beautifully into almost anything.
- Babysoft – Classic baby-weight wool for blankets, sweaters, and baby accessories. We have their entire range of colours for any new baby in your life!
- Jiffy – 100% acrylic that looks and feels like a mohair mix. Washable, but beautiful to work with!
- Jiffy Thick & Quick – Super bulky weight in fun variegates great for a quick and easy, great-looking project!
- Kitchen Cotton – Small-size cotton perfect for just a dishcloth or two! Or, great for buying multiple colours to make beautiful striped patterns.
- Pound of Love – Large size 100% acrylic yarn for large-scale projects! One ball will make a blanket plus matching accessories.
- Sock Ease – A classic sock yarn. Superfine weight in 75% wool, 25% nylon for strength. One ball makes a pair, and it’s finished with aloe vera to keep things soft!
- Vanna’s Choice – A high quality classic acrylic great for any worsted-weight project. A huge colour range to choose from in a machine washable and dryable yarn.
- Wool-Ease – This is a beautiful wool/acrylic blend that is soft, luxurious, and machine washable and dryable. The squishiness and warmth of wool without the complicated care instructions. Available in the classic worsted weight, chunky (Wool-Ease Chunky), and bulky (Wool-Ease Thick & Quick) weights. Arguably my favourite yarn to work with!
Sirdar – With over 135 years of history, Sirdar’s brand is proven, reliable, and trusted. Yarns for the whole family combined with thousands of patterns from their world-renowned design team make Sirdar the byword for quality, fashion and affordability.
- Bouffle – 51% Wool, 49% Acrylic weight Bulky type
- Cotton DK – 100% Cotton weight Double Knitting type Classic
- Snuggly Baby Cotton – 100% Cotton weight Double Knitting type Natural, Baby
Spinrite Family – The Spinrite family of yarns include Bernat, Patons, Lily Sugar n’ Cream, and many others!
Patons Yarns –
- Kroy Socks – The classic sock yarn is an old favourite of many seasoned knitter! 75% wool with a 25% nylon content to make sure your socks hold up to wear.
- Classic Wool DK – 100% Wool Superwash in a variety of colours! DK (or sport weight) is a versatile yarn for those looking for natural fibre content.
- Silk Bamboo – Luxurious softness with this 50/50 blend of silk and bamboo. Great for all sorts of beautiful accessories that feel great worn next to the skin.
- Shetland Chunky – A great, washable wool/acrylic blend in a chunky weight. This makes beautiful warm winter accessories. Also available in tweeds. 🙂
- Classic Wool Roving – Roving (bulky weight) yarn that is great for felting!
- Crochet Cotton – Bernat handicrafter is the classic crochet cotton for those ultrafine projects! Available in a number of matching variegates and solids.
Lily Sugar n’ Cream – We carry this versatile cotton in a wide range of solid and variegate colours. Great for dish cloths and other kitchen items, as well as being a great choice for those who have wool allergies.
We carry a number of knitting and crochet accessories, as well as hooks and needles in every size! Check out our selection of sewing notions, including the full range of DMC thread colours for embroidery and cross-stitch!